如今,到美国留学的学生越来越多,那么,在美国留学生活常用语你知道多少?下面,全球教育网小编为您介绍。
Drop me a line!写封信给我。
Give me a ring.=Call me!来个电话吧!
For here or to go?堂食或外卖。
cool; That's cool! 等于台湾年轻人常用的口语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
What's up?=What's happening?=What's new?
见面时随口问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
Don't give me a hard time!别跟我过不去好不好!
Get yourself together!振作点行不行!
Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
Hang in there.=Don't give up.=Keep trying. 再撑一下。
Give me a break !你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
Hang on.请稍候。
Blow it.= Screw up.搞砸了。
What a big hassle.真是个麻烦事。
What a crummy day.多倒霉的一天。
Go for it.加油
It's a long story.唉!说来话长。
How have you been?=How are you doing?你过得如何?近来可好?
Take things for granted.自以为理所当然。
Party animal.开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)。
Pain in the neck.=Pain in the ass.讨厌的东西、人或事。
Skeleton in the closet.家丑
Don't get on my nerve!别把我惹毛了!
It doesn't go with your dress.跟你的衣服不配。
What's the point?=What are you trying to say?你的重点是什么?
By all means.=Definitely.一定是。
Let's get a bite.=Let's go eat.去吃点东西吧!
I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner).=It's on me.=My treat.我请客
Let's go dutch.各付各的
My stomach is upset.我的胃不舒服
吃牛排时,waiter会问“How would you like it ?” 就是问“要几分熟?”的意思,可以选择 rare,medium或well-done。
I am under the weather.=I am not feeling well.我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check?可不可改到下次?
(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today.我今天什么都不对劲!
Let's get it straight.咱们把事情弄清楚!
What's the rush!急什么!
Such a fruitcake!神经病!
I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later.待会儿,我会来转一下。
I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth.这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!
easy as pie=very easy=piece of cake很容易。
flunk out被当掉。
take french leave不告而别。
I don't get the picture.=I don't understand.我不明白。
You should give him a piece of your mind.你应该向他表达你的不满。
hit the road =take off =get on one's way离开。
Now he is in the driver's seat=He is in control now.
Keep a low profile (or low key).采取低姿态。
Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird古怪的。
green hand生手、没有经验的人。
chill out=calm down =relax(来自黑人英语)
rip off =steal;I was ripped off.我被偷了;
rip off 也常被用为“剥夺”
My right was ripped off.权利被剥夺(来自黑人英语)。
mess around (with)瞎混;
Get to work. Don't mess around.赶快工作,别瞎搅和。
snob势利眼。
sneak in,sneak out偷偷溜进去,溜出来
sneakers运动鞋
Keep your study (work) on track.请按进度读书(工作)。
Did you come up with any ideas?有没有想到什麽新的意见?